Must be at least 16 years of age to apply
The Borough of McKees Rocks is currently hiring up to three (3) Temporary Street Dept. Part-Time Laborers for Summer 2023, up to 32 hours a week.
Interested applicants must be available for work Monday through Friday 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM during normal business hours.
Please review the Job Description and send a resume or contact the Borough Office to apply in person no later than Friday, June 09, 2023.
Resumes and/or applications can be mailed to Borough of McKees Rocks 340 Bell Avenue, McKees Rocks, PA 15136.
Street Department Laborer – Job Description
A Street Department Laborer is responsible for performing manual labor duties, as needed under supervision of the Working Foreman. The candidate will be required to perform all labor duties, in all types of weather conditions.
Repair or perform general road maintenance tasks including but not limited to road painting, sidewalk/curb cleaning, et al.
Cut grass, bushes, and/or trees and branches using small power equipment
Washes department vehicles
Use hand shovels to dig trenches, load trucks, and spread materials; operate manual, pneumatic and power maintenance tools (i.e. rakes, picks, hammers, saws, weedwhacker, lawn mower)
Performs manual work on assigned projects as directed
● Ability to walk, crouch, climb ladders and exert 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, or 25 to 50 pounds frequently
● Ability to adhere to safety standards and recognize safety warnings and hazards
● Ability to cooperate with co-workers on group tasks and work independently as needed
● Ability to perform manual tasks or operate equipment for extended periods of time in possible adverse weather conditions
● Must be at least 16 years of age
● Must be able to pass a drug test
● Must be able to pass a background check